Located at the Greenbelt campus, we provide procurement
services for all Space Science related requirements within the
Sciences and Exploration Directorate (Code 600) and the Flight
Projects Directorate (Code 400).
Acquisitions include: research and development (R&D) studies, science
support services, commercial off-the-shelf items,
flight/science operations and data analyses for ongoing
missions, and hardware and software development for flight
projects. Our office awards and administers a wide
variety of acquisition vehicles to meet customer needs, from
simplified acquisitions to interagency agreements to large
The Code 210.S procurement workload is organized under two Procurement Managers, with assignments based on our customer organizations.
(See attached organization chart).
Code 400 Flight Projects supported include:
- Planetary Science Projects Division - Code 430, including the Mars
Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission (MAVEN)
- Astrophysics Projects Division - Code 440, including the Hubble Space Telescope (HST),
the Space Science Management Office (SSMO), the Space Servicing
Capabilities Office, and the Joint Dark Energy Mission (JDEM)
- Heliophysics Projects Division - Code 460, including the Explorers
Projects (NuSTAR, IRIS, GEMS, SAM, Astro-H, LADEE), the Living With a Star (LWS) Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), and the Solar Terrestrial Probes (STP) Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) Project.
- James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) - Code 443
Code 600 Space Science offices supported include:
- Astrophysics Science Division - Code 660
- Heliophysics Science Division - Code 670
- Solar System Exploration Division - Code 690; specifically the Astrochemistry Lab (Code 691), Planetary Systems Lab (Code 693), and Planetary Magnetospheric Lab (Code 695)
Our office also supports to the entire Code 600 Directorate through our administration of the
Space and Earth Science Data Analysis (SESDA) contract and supports the Center's
New Opportunities Office (Code 101) by providing guidance on industry
partnerships for new space science missions proposals.
See attached chart
for Code 210.S major contracts by program, with cognizant Contracting
Officer/Contract Specialist indicated.
|| Dean Patterson
+ 210.S Employee Listing